Moms of Multiples in Essex (MOMIE)
MOMIE is a non-profit organization offering a supportive network of friends facing common joys, demands and challenges. Whether you are expecting twins, triplets or more, or if you are parenting multiples, please join us to share experiences, gain information, and socialize with other families with multiples.
Our mission is to provide guidance, support and friendship with each other, and our club is very diverse. Most of our members live in or near the Essex County area. Some members are in the early stages of pregnancy, some are raising newborns or toddlers, and we also have moms raising school aged children.
MOMIE is a member of the National Organization of Mothers of Twins Clubs (NOMOTC) and the New Jersey Association of Twins Mothers Clubs (NJATMC).
Meetings and Activities
- Monthly Meetings
- MOMIE members meet once each month, on the second Tuesday at 7:30 PM. We alternate locations between St. Barnabas hospital in Livingston, NJ and at a local restaurant. The meetings at St. Barnabas are in January, March, May, July September and November. At these meetings we usually welcome new members, have discussions on issues or experiences and also welcome speakers.
- The monthly meetings on the alternate months are our Moms Night Out. We meet at a different local restaurant each time to eat, drink and socialize with each other.
- Playdates and Parties
- We coordinate events including play dates and family parties throughout the year. We have a play date coordinator who will publish a schedule and also coordinate impromptu play dates. Some are hosted at member’s homes, others are outings at twin/triplet friendly local parks and businesses. Notification of play dates and locations are only shared within the group and are not public information.
- MOMIE traditionally has hosted an annual Halloween party at a local farm. This is a family event where all children can join in a hay ride, go pumpkin picking, enjoy a fall themed play area and have lunch. It is a great pre-nap activity!
- We also host an annual picnic. This is also a family event at a local park with fences to prevent escapees! There are activities and a large play area for the kids to run and play, and parents can enjoy the company of their peers.
- Swap, Sell, and Give
- MOMIE holds a Swap, Sell and Give event every year. It is a great way to purge or acquire gently used items. Nothing is off limits including clothes, furniture, strollers, nursery gear, and toys.
|Eligibility||Membership is open to adults expecting or raising multiples. While most of our members live in Essex County, it is not a requirement.|
Family & Support Services
Last Updated: 12/22/17