908-558-8000 ext. 3238
Reconnections is a prisoner Re-Entry initiative developed through a partnership between Urban League of Union County, United Way of Greater Union County, Union County and Union County Department of Human Services. Reconnections helps formerly incarcerated individuals gain access to services so that they may develop meaningful, productive skills that they can use to make their lives better. The project will also provide essential support services to address an individual's immediate needs to ensure his or her successful re-integration to the community.
- Orientation and Assessment
- Each client will receive an orientation and assessment to determine their social services, education, and employment needs.
- Case Management
- ?Based on the client's assessment, referrals will be made to the approprate resources; and guidance will be provided in developing a goal action plan tailored to meet their specific needs.
- Social Services
- Each client will be referred to the Union County Division of Social Services to meet with a case manager to determine their eligibility for G.A., TANF, housing, medical assistance, food stamps, or transportation benefits.
- Individuals interested in advancing their education will be referred to the appropriate academic resource and will receivve guidance in nenrolling in basic skills, G.E.D., higher education, vocational training classes, or certificate programs.
- Clients seeking employment will be referred to the Department of Labor staff located at the Elizabeth and Plainfield One Stop Center. The client will receive resume writing, job search, and job placement assistance.
- Mentoring Support
- Clients with issues or concerns will be referred to the local Re-Entry Alumni Association or Faith Based organization. Mentoring support will be provided.
- Community Resources
- Based on the client's specific needs, they will be referred to community resources such as United Way's Family Strengthening Network, the Union County Re-Entry Task Force, Faith Based Organizations, and others.
- Drug Treatment and Mental Health
- Clients who have a need for mental health and substance abuse services will be referred to mental health and substance abuse programs in Union County that provide assessment and treatment.
Plainfield One Stop Center
200 West Second Street
Plainfield, NJ 07060
908-757-9090 ext. 7311
|Eligibility||Individuals that qualify for the Reconnections program must meet the following criteria: 1. Individuals recently released from prison or jail (within 180 days of release) 2. Must be 18 years or older 3. Must be a Union County Resident|
Basic Needs / Assistance
Employment / Training
Legal / Advocacy
Last Updated: 07/15/16