Advancing Opportunities enhances the lives of people with all disabilities and enables full participation in society through advocacy, direct services, and education.
- Advocacy Services: Advancing Opportunities is committed to ensuring that students receive a free and appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment.
- Assistive Technology Services: With over 20 years of experience, Advancing Opportunities’ Assistive Technology Services team can help determine which technology would be most effective in helping you reach your goals.
- Student Success Center: Our educational advocates are experienced in developing IEPs and transition plans with post-secondary goals in mind. The assistive technology services team helps students find the tools and devices that will allow them to reach their full potential.
- Employment Services: Our educational advocates are experienced in developing IEPs and transition plans with post-secondary goals in mind. The assistive technology services team helps students find the tools and devices that will allow them to reach their full potential.
- Family Support Services: Advancing Opportunities understands the stresses families face when a family member has a disability. The agency offers a comprehensive network of information, services, and support, including In-home respite, Inclusive recreation programs, and aides for community-based recreation programs.
- Personal Assistance Services: The Personal Assistance Services Program provides personal care for adults who live in private homes in order to work, volunteer, and/or attend school.
- Prevention Education: Advancing Opportunities provides staff in-service training seminars on Substance Abuse and Co-existing Disabilities to service providers in the fields of substance abuse treatment and to providers of disability services.
- Residential Supports: The agency provides residential programs that allow people with disabilities to live as independently as they are able in the communities and homes they choose.
- Strengthening Families: The Strengthening Families Program is designed to increase resilience and reduce risk factors for substance abuse, depression, violence and aggression, delinquency, and school failure in high-risk children and their parents.
Employment / Training
Family & Support Services
Intellectual and Developmental Needs
Last Updated: 11/21/23