Imagine: A Center for Coping with Loss
Imagine is a free year-round children’s grief support center that serves NJ children age 3-18 and young adults 18-30 who are grieving the death of a parent or sibling, or who are living with a parent or sibling with a life-altering illness. Imagine also provides grief education and training for thousands of teachers, parents, coaches, youth, and other adults annually.
- Peer Support Groups for Loss Due to Death
- Imagine provides free year-round peer support groups for children aged 3-16, and young adults 18-30 who are coping with loss due to death of a parent or sibling. Concurrent support groups are available for the parents, guardians, or other caregivers of the youth served, and for adults 30-50+ who are coping with the death of any significant person in their life.
- Child Loss Support Group for Parents
- Imagine provides separate support groups for parents who have had a child die.
- Support Group for Teens
- Imagine teen support groups include support for teens who have had a friend or peer die.
- Peer Support Groups for Children and Families Coping with Illness
- Imagine provides free year-round peer support groups for children ages 3-18 and young adults 18-30 who are coping with a family member with a terminal, chronic, or life-altering physical illness. Concurrent support groups are available for the parents, guardians, or other caregivers of the youth served and for the person with the illness.
For more information, or if you would like to be a part of a support group, please contact our Program Director, Mandi Zucker, at [email protected] or call us at 908-264-3100
**Peer Support Groups for Loss Due to Divorce- please contact the Rainbows Program at Holy Trinity Church in Westfield at 908-232-8137
Family & Support Services
Behavioral / Mental Health
Last Updated: 02/05/18